Vanuatu Mission Manager
The Bible Society of the South Pacific (BSSP) is seeking an exceptional leader who is a Christian with a heart for mission and is passionate about sharing/reaching all people with God’s Word to effectively and efficiently manage the Bible Society of the South Pacific Vanuatu Mission. The position is based at Port Vila Vanuatu.
The Vanuatu Mission Manager position is of a leadership role with a task of effectively and efficiently manage the overall operations of the Bible Society of the South Pacific in line with its Constitution as agreed to by members and the Society’s corporate plan.
Key Performance indicators
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- Assigned activities in the corporate plan completed
- Compliance with applicable legislation, policies and procedures and service standards
- Timely submission of required reports
A University qualification in Management, Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution OR equivalent technical course/certification with 3 years’ experience in a similar role, out of which 2 years must be at management role. In addition to this; the following knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities will be required to perform this role:
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrate sound knowledge across key areas of management compliance with sound understanding of management policies and principles and legislations
- Proven leadership and management experience including managing a complex and diverse range of functions.
- Understanding of South Pacific customs and traditions
Skills and Abilities
- Communicates effectively across a wide range of people and expresses ideas clearly and coherently both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff and stakeholders by building rapport, understanding needs, and delivering expectations
- Able to logically evaluate information, identify key issues and draw sound conclusions
- Have a high level of ethics and integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality and take responsibility for actions
- Able to meet deadlines and achieve results personally and through effective team leadership
- Capacity to utilize computer programs to support operations and analysis
The successful applicant must be a firm believer in the Holy Scriptures and its transforming power and should have good communication and inter-personal skills, and knowledge of market trends.
An attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to the successful candidate
Application with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents, two referees, should be addressed to
The Manager Operations,
Bible Society of the South Pacific
Private Mail Bag,
and email to: email@example.com; Applications close on 15th February, 2020.