Website Bible Society of the South Pacific
The Bible Society of the South Pacific (BSSP) is seeking an exceptional Christian with a heart for mission and is passionate about sharing/reaching all people with God’s Word to effectively and efficiently execute the work of the Fiji Mission Branch of the Bible Society of the South Pacific. The position is based at the Bible Society HQ, Nabua, Suva, Fiji.
The Fiji Mission Coordinator position, is of an operational role with a task of effectively and efficiently executing the overall operations of the Fiji Mission program, programme development and management in accordance to the strategies, plans and policies of the Bible Society.
To facilitate the above, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Facilitating efficient relationship building and collaboration between Bible Society the Church and Communities; through active public and church relation;
• Coordinating the preparation, arrangements, implementation, reporting and evaluation of Fiji Mission outreach, Bible engagement and distribution programs across churches and communities within Fiji
• Providing Secretariat Support to the Fiji Mission Board;
• Coordinating the preparation of Board papers on key issues and confidential correspondence as requested by the General Secretary for the Fiji Mission Board
• Coordinate fundraising initiatives and provide oversight management of donor care and membership donations
The Fiji Mission is seeking a strategic and proficient individual who has a minimum of two-years’ working experience in all aspects of organizing, planning and coordinating mission work and programs for church and community. Candidates with a Tertiary qualification preferably Diploma in Management, Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution will be an added advantage. In addition to these; the following Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities will be required to perform this role:
Knowledge and Experience
• Have working knowledge and understanding of customs and traditions of churches in Fiji and the South Pacific.
• Demonstrate experience in church and public relations
• Sound knowledge of the Bible and
• Demonstrate sound knowledge and experience across key areas of management and finance
• Working knowledge and experience in identifying church and community needs and gaps; and providing sustainable solution
Skills and Abilities
• Communicates effectively across a wide range of people and expresses ideas clearly and coherently both verbally and in writing
• Public speaking, the Bible Society hosts and network with Churches and event, the ability to greet and address the clients who attend is required.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff and stakeholders by building rapport, understanding needs, and delivering expectations
• Able to logically evaluate information, identify key issues and draw sound conclusions
• Able to meet deadlines and achieve results personally and through effective team leadership
• Capacity to utilize computer programs to support operations and analysis
• A visionary leader, lateral thinker, and strategic planner to drive and mobilize the Fiji Mission missional plans
• Creative, self-motivated, and a problem solver
• Flexible with working hours including availability on weekends and Public Holidays to attend missional engagements and go on mission trips
The successful applicant must be a firm believer in the Holy Scriptures and its transforming power and should have good communication and inter-personal skills, and knowledge of key issues in Fiji and the Church.
An attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience will be offered to the successful candidate
Application with a detailed CV, copies of supporting documents, and two referees, should be addressed to
The HR Officer,
Bible Society of the South Pacific
Private Mail Bag,
Applications close on Friday 30th September, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org